Those who are interested in streaming Telemundo on Roku should definitely read this article till the end.
Telemundo is a renowned Spanish-language channel in the United States. It specializes in producing and broadcasting original content for Latin American audiences in the country, alongside limited series, reality shows, made-for-TV films, and more. Telemundo also provides exclusive sports and news coverage in Spanish.
Millions of viewers tune into Telemundo every day from all around the nation. Its current number of affiliate stations in the United States makes it the largest American Spanish-language broadcast TV network, with Univision coming in behind them.
If you didn’t know, NBCUniversal operates Telemundo and its programming properties. The network also owns NBC, Universo, and several other sports, entertainment, and news channels. In fact, every one of them is available as a TV Everywhere service, which we have previously covered in detail.
Telemundo is also available on other streaming platforms, but this guide will only focus on services that offer live and on-demand Telemundo programs on Roku devices.
Get the Official Telemundo Channel on Roku
The official Telemundo Roku channel lets cable and satellite pay-TV subscribers access thousands of hours of on-demand programs from the channel. Assuming your TV provider allows it, you can stream the latest episodes of your favorite Telemundo series and TV shows at no additional cost.
Here are some of Telemundo’s original and acquired programs you can watch on the following Roku channel: El Final del Paraíso, Exatlón, Caso Cerrado, El Señor de los Cielos, La Doña, La Voz, Buscando a Frida, 100 días para enamorarnos, La suerte de Loli, Betty, la fea, and many more. You can also stream full-length replays of Telemundo’s recent news broadcasts and sports replays.
Like other TVE services, Telemundo on Roku also provides access to the 24/7 live Telemundo TV channel stream. Subscribers can also tune into its sister networks, such as NBC Universo, Bravo, E!, Oxygen, USA Network, MSNBC, CNBC, Universal Kids, etc.
- It offers on-demand access to hundreds of complete Telemundo shows, films, and originals.
- You can also watch Telemundo live on Roku, along with its sister channels. (The availability of live streams depends on your channel package)
- You get the option to mark shows and other titles as favorites, as well as binge them season by season.
- The Telemundo Roku channel provides closed captions for both live and on-demand streams.
- It supports NBCUniversal account integration, allowing cross-platform synchronization of your viewing preferences and watchlist.
How to Add Telemundo on Roku?
You can add Telemundo to your Roku channel list directly from your web browser. Simply visit the Telemundo Channel Store website, select Add channel, and log into the same Roku account linked to your current Roku streaming device(s). The channel will appear on your Roku Home screen the next time you power the device on.
You may also add the Telemundo channel from your Roku’s built-in Channel Store. Perform these steps to do it:
- Press the Home button on the remote to go to the Roku Home screen, then scroll down and click the Streaming Channels
- Next, head over to the Search Channels menu from the Channel Store options.
- Enter “Telemundo” in the search field using the on-screen keyboard. As you type, results should pop up on the right side.
- Move to the results pane and select the Telemundo channel at the top.
- Click Add channel on the channel info page and wait for a minute or so.
(Depending on how you have set up your Roku account, you may have to verify your PIN before adding the channel.)
- When it’s done, click OK to close the message box, then return to the Roku Home screen.
To find and launch the Telemundo channel, scroll down your channel list on the Home screen. If you wish to move it, press the Star (✱) key on the remote, select Move channel, and use the D-pad.
How to Activate Telemundo on Roku?
Provided that your cable or satellite pay-TV provider supports TV Everywhere login, it’s really easy to activate the Telemundo Roku channel. The complete process goes as follows:
- Start with opening the Telemundo channel from the Roku Home screen.
- Move to the channel’s top navigation bar and select the More tab on the right.
- Highlight My Profile in the following menu, followed by selecting the Sign In > Log in with NBCUniversal Profile
- Now write down the code prompted on the activation screen, then go to telemundo.com/link from your mobile or computer web browser.
- Type the activation code in the empty field and click the Continue
- Once you are on the NBCUniversal login screen, click Sign Up at the bottom, and then choose to Sign Up with Email.
- Fill up the profile creation form with correct details, agree to the terms of service, and hit the Sign Up button again.
- Click Yes when prompted to link your TV provider to your newly created NBCUniversal Profile.
- After that, choose your TV provider from the extensive list, then follow the on-screen prompts to log in with your credentials.
If you have followed the steps correctly, you should be logged into the Telemundo Roku channel by now. Upon successful activation, you can enjoy streaming your favorite Telemundo programs on-demand and tune in to the 24/7 live TV feed.
You will get to stream Telemundo’s programming as long as your cable or satellite subscription stays active. Otherwise, the Telemundo Roku channel will limit your access to a selection of free content.
Overview of Telemundo Roku Channel
Telemundo on Roku shares the same interface as every other channel from NBCUniversal. The top navigation bar lets you cycle between a few different menus: Home, Shows, LIVE, Networks, and More. The magnifying glass icon represents the Search option. Here’s more in detail on the individual menus:
- Home: The Home screen highlights featured and popular Telemundo programs. It also lists various content collections tailored to your viewing preferences. Plus, you get quick access to your “Favorites” list and the titles you paused before.
- Shows: It features the entire catalog of the latest Telemundo TV shows, classic telenovelas, original programs, and many more. You can filter the library by genre and alphabetical order.
- LIVE: This menu offers a complete channel guide for Telemundo and other NBCUniversal channels. From here, you can also stream the 24/7 live TV channels included in your pay-TV package.
- Networks: The Networks menu showcases handpicked titles from Telemundo and its sister networks, including Bravo, E!, NBC, Oxygen, Universo, USA Network, Syfy, and more.
If you wish to change closed captions preferences and access the sign-in options, head over to the channel’s More section. You can also reset the Telemundo channel from there in case you encounter playback and login errors.
Watch Telemundo for free on Roku with Locast
Locast.org is a non-profit organization that streams over-the-air channels online across various US markets, and it’s compatible with several generations of Roku devices. Adding and activating it on a Roku device is pretty straightforward too.
Telemundo is an OTA television channel, so you don’t necessarily need a cable or satellite TV connection to watch it. Provided that you live in Telemundo’s coverage area, you can stream the channel on the big screen for free via the Locast Roku channel.
In fact, Locast provides access to several other local TV stations like NBC, Univision, ABC, FOX, CBS, CW, WGN, etc. Although the service tends to interrupt the broadcasts with donation requests, you can pay as little as $5 every month to get rid of them. Visit locast.org to learn more.
Stream Telemundo on Roku with Live TV Services
A handful of over-the-top, subscription-based, live TV streaming services in the United States also carry the Telemundo channel. Most of them are currently available on the Roku platform.
If you are looking to cancel your expensive cable or satellite pay-TV connection for a reasonably priced skinny bundle without losing access to Telemundo, consider going for one of the following options:
- fuboTV: Telemundo and most of its sister channels are available on fuboTV’s Starter and Elite plan. Surprisingly, it’s missing from the Latino Quarterly package.
- Hulu: The Hulu + Live TV plan includes Telemundo and other NBCUniversal channels. A few Telemundo originals are also streamable from Hulu’s on-demand library.
- YouTube TV: You get Telemundo and 85+ additional American live TV channels with the YouTube TV subscription. Plus, a selection of Telemundo’s popular serials and news programs are available on the service’s catch-up library (up to 30 days of past broadcasts).
Note that you can use your OTT subscription to log into TV Everywhere channels, including Telemundo on Roku. You will find fuboTV, Hulu, and YouTube TV on the list of participating TV providers during the activation process.
See – How to Add Pantaya on Roku
You can enjoy Telemundo’s original Spanish-language programs live and on-demand on Roku via several platforms, with most of them being viable solutions for cord-cutters. However, it’s worth noting that the channel’s availability purely depends on whether you are in Telemundo’s broadcast area.
The steps to adding and activating the official Telemundo channel apply to all Roku devices, such as Roku Premiere, Roku Ultra, Roku Express, Roku Streaming Stick, Roku Streambar, and Roku TV.