In this article, we are going to show you how to watch ABC on Roku. ABC is one of the three major television networks in the United States, and it’s also one of the oldest broadcasters in the TV market.
The channel has decades of experience in television broadcasting, and its viewership is still colossal compared to other American networks.
ABC specializes in televising several types of content, including entertainment, news, sports, and special events. ABC also broadcasts some of the best longest-running TV shows.
Millions of American viewers tune in to ABC every day, especially during primetime season finales and openings of ‘ESPN on ABC’ sports events.
With over 200+ stations across 49 U.S. states, ABC has an estimated 98% reach of all American households. To expand its availability to more people, ABC’s parent company Disney has partnered with a few online live TV providers as well.
Besides, ABC has its own TV Everywhere app since 2013. It’s available on several device platforms.
Fortunately, those who have purchased a Roku device for video streaming can stream ABC too. In case you happen to have one, continue reading through this guide as we show you how to watch ABC on Roku.
Watch ABC on Roku
The official ABC channel on Roku lets you watch the latest episodes of your favorite ABC shows. You can also binge-watch every season on-demand, thanks to ABC’s vast library of original content.
Shows like American Housewife, The Conners, black-ish, Emergency Call, Celebrity Family Feud, Grey’s Anatomy, The Good Doctor, A Million Little Things, Station 19, Shark Tank, Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, Jimmy Kimmel Live, The Goldbergs, and many more can be streamed live and on-demand on Roku via the ABC channel.
You can even watch the ABC channel live by logging in with your cable or satellite TV provider.
Since it’s a TV Everywhere service, signing in to the ABC Roku channel is necessary. Else, you will be limited to streaming only the most recent episodes of select ABC shows, and no access to the live ABC TV channel stream.
Features of ABC Channel on Roku
- Roku users can watch full episodes of both the latest and classic ABC shows from the ABC Roku channel.
- The ABC TV channel feed can also be accessed on Roku if signed in with a participating television provider.
- You can log in to the ABC Roku channel with your ABC account to sync your favorites list and content preferences.
- Closed captions are available for the on-demand streams on the channel.
- You get access to a detailed TV schedule for ABC and its sister networks.
How to Add ABC Channel on Roku?
The ABC channel is officially listed on the Roku Channel Store, meaning that you can easily add it to your channels list. Simply go to this link, click Add channel, and sign in to your Roku account for adding the ABC channel.
Alternatively, you can follow the steps below to get the ABC channel directly from your Roku device:
- First, scroll down the Roku Home screen and select Streaming Channels from the list.
- Next, go to the Search Channels menu and enter “ABC” in the search field using the laid-out keyboard interface.
- After that, highlight the ABC channel from the right side of the search field and click it.
- Now click the Add channel option and wait for the ABC channel to get added to your Roku device. Those who have a PIN set up for their Roku account will be prompted to verify it.
Once ABC is added to your Roku, go back to the Roku Home screen, navigate right to the channels list, then scroll down to the bottom to open the channel.
Press the (✱) button on your Roku remote and click Move channel to move the ABC Roku channel to the top of the channels list.
Steps to Activate ABC on Roku
Activating the ABC channel on Roku is surprisingly easy. Inexperienced users can follow the instructions below to do it.
- First, launch the ABC channel from the Roku Home screen.
- Now navigate to the Account section from above the channel window and select the TV Provider The following page will give you an activation code.
- From your computer or mobile device, go to the abc.com/activate, enter the activation code shown on the ABC Roku channel, and click Continue.
- Select your TV provider from the vast list of participating providers on the next page.
- Once you get redirected to your provider’s login page, enter your respective account credentials and log in to authorize access to the ABC Roku channel.
Once activated, you can access the live ABC channel stream and the on-demand streaming library on your Roku device.
While it’s not necessary to sign in or register for an ABC account, you can create your own profile from abc.com/my-profile and log in to the ABC Roku channel with it.
Your favorites list and personalized content recommendations will be synced to the account, which you can later use to log in to the official ABC app on other devices.
Alternative ways to watch ABC on Roku
A handful of over-the-top live TV services offer the ABC channels with their monthly subscription packages. If you don’t have a cable or satellite subscription anymore, then subscribing to one of these services is a viable alternative for you to watch ABC on Roku:
fuboTV is an excellent online live TV provider in the United States, mainly because of its massive catalog of channels and affordable pricing. You can go for either the fubo Standard or Family plan and get access to 100+ channels, including ABC and ABC News Live.
With fuboTV’s Family plan, you can stream ABC and other channels on two more devices apart from your Roku, as well as record 250 hours of TV programming.
Hulu + Live TV
The Hulu + Live TV subscription is quite affordable, given that it includes 65+ channels and Hulu’s existing on-demand content library. You can watch not only the ABC and ABC News Live channels on your Roku but also stream top ABC shows on-demand from Hulu’s streaming catalog.
The subscription also has 50 hours of cloud DVR included, and you can watch the channels live on two devices simultaneously.
YouTube TV is a bit pricier compared to the other services we just mentioned, but it does have a fairly extensive lineup of 85+ channels. ABC and ABC News are available on YouTube TV, alongside other local stations from CBS, FOX, NBC, etc.
The monthly plan also packs unlimited storage for DVR recordings, and you can watch YouTube TV on three screens at once.
Watching ABC on Roku is relatively straightforward, considering the availability of the official ABC Roku channel and the following live TV services listed in this guide. Note that you can activate the ABC Roku channel with your fuboTV, Hulu, or YouTube TV subscription as well.
All the services are officially compatible with most Roku devices, including but not limited to the Roku Premiere, Premiere+, Roku Express, Express+, Roku Streaming Stick (3500X or later), Roku Smart TVs (TCL, JVC, Sharp, Hisense, Philips), and the Roku Smart Soundbar.